Grant open: Year of Outback Tourism Events Program
The Queensland Government’s $3 million Year of Outback Tourism Events Program is open. Funding up to $100,000 is available.
You can apply for grants for new events or to extend existing events. The Government wants to enhance Outback Queensland’s profile. As well as this, they want to attract new visitors or increase the number of visitors to the Outback.
Who can apply?
- Event and festival promoters
- Local governments
- Community organisations
- Local businesses
Funding from $1000 to $100,000 (exclusive of GST) is available per event. Program funding may provide up to 50% of overall event costs. Events must be delivered on or before 31 December 2020.
Open and closing dates
Applications for round two are open until 5pm Monday 15 July 2019.
Access the eligibility guidelines and criteria on the program webpage.
The are lots of questions to answer and some documents that need to be attached – see the list below. Some require up to 200 words. It’s not clear what the word-count is for the five responses to ‘Alignment to program objectives’.
- A number of general and quick questions
- Initiative description
- Existing event: your plans to grow it
- New event: why it’s needed and what’s unique about it?
- Attendee estimates
- Outline of program and activities
- Desired outcomes
- Your ability to implement and manage the initiative
- How you will promote the initiative and drive tourism
- Main stakeholders
- Capability to sustain the initiative in future years
- Budget details and how you will use profits
- Other partners and sponsors
- Grant amount and expenditure
- Alignment to program objectives x 5 questions
- Attachments are also required: detailed project plan (such as a risk management, event plan and event program); marketing and communications plan; detailed project budget; event quotes; you can add other supporting documents
Indigo Gold’s recommendation
If you don’t have the required attachments already, get them started as soon as you can. Demonstrate you’re organised and capable of running a successful event. The government wants you to attract people who don’t live in your region to your event.
We regularly help clients with tourism grant applications and attachments. Our successes range from $20,000 to multi-million dollars so if you need help with this application contact us.