Grant open: additional opportunity from Gambling Community Benefit Fund
Additional funding is being offered by Gambling Community Benefit fund for eligible Queensland not-for-profit groups.
To recognise the milestone of 25 years of supporting local community groups and support services, a commemorative grants funding round of up to $1.25 million will be available to 11 successful applicants for initiatives that will significantly benefit Queensland communities.
- 10 x $100,000 grants
- 1 x $250,000 grant.
Applications are open now and must be for funding of more than $35,000.
Eligible Queensland not-for-profit groups
- An eligible organisation can submit 1 application to the commemorative grants funding round provided it has completed acquittal for any previous OLGR grant by 31 August 2018.
- Organisations accepted through the EOI process to apply for a commemorative grant, will not be eligible to make a standard GCBF application.
The application process
- Stage 1: Expressions of interest (EOI) opened 2 June 2018 and close at 11.59pm on 31 August 2018.
- Stage 2: Application by invitation – shortlisted applicants will be invited by email. Stage 2 applications close at 11.59pm on 28 February 2019.
N.B. Organisations accepted through the EOI process to apply for a commemorative grant will not be eligible to make a standard GCBF application.
Commemorative grants are only available for the following purposes:
- major capital works (excluding repairs/upgrades/extensions unless of cultural significance)
- major equipment items
- wider community events or festivals
- transportation (e.g. cars, boats, buses etc.).
Applications will only be considered for 1 purpose and not a combination of purposes to add up to the total available grant funds, unless the items are directly related to achieve the outcomes of the application.
You can find out more on their website.