Grant open and grant tips: Dignity First Fund
The $2.5 million Dignity First Fund is open. It provides one-off funding up to $150,000. The Queensland Government wants new and innovative ideas for ways to prevent and reduce homelessness and help people experiencing homelessness to live with dignity.
This is the 4th round of the Dignity First Fund. Funded projects will deliver a range of essential services to make a real difference for people in our community who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Key details about the Dignity First Fund
How much is available? You can apply for up to $150,000 per proposal.
Who can apply? The funding round is open to organisations and individuals over 18 years of age who have an active ABN and will deliver funded services in Queensland.
Closing date: 16 August 2019
What’s required in the application?
I reviewed the sample application form. In addition to general details you need to have the following answers:
- Information about organisations you will collaborate with
- Project description (up to 200 words)
- Co-funding for the project (up to 200 words)
- Areas/locations of service delivery (up to 100 words)
- SC1 – how the project focuses on supporting the priority groups (up to 400 words)
- SC2 – evidence of the demand in your area and how your service will address this unmet need (up to 400 words)
- SC3 – your organisation’s business and overall qualifications to deliver the proposed project (up to 400 words)
- SC4 – key milestones for the delivery of the project. Briefly list activities and how you will plan and manage the outcomes (up to 400 words)
- SC5 – How the project will be finalised by the end of the 12-month period (up to 400 words)
- Budget information
- Information if your proposal is over $150,000 (up to 400 words)
- The types of data your organisation could provide to demonstrate the outcomes achieved from the proposal (up to 400 words)
A video on the website features projects funded in previous Rounds.
Read more and apply on the Dignity First Fund website.
Grant tips from Indigo Gold
- Review the Queensland Housing Strategy 2017–2020 Action Plan to make sure your project matches their Objectives and Areas of Action
- Check out some of the projects which have been previously funded to give you an idea of the types of things they’ve supported in the past.
- Read your relevant Regional Fact Sheet, particularly when creating you answer to SC2.
- Consider collaborating with other organisations to increase your likelihood of success.
- Make sure your budget is robust and if over $150,000 explains budget items really well.
If you need help to create a powerful application, call us on 0409 069 425 or 4923 7110, or send us an email.