Smart Farms Small Grants open
Smart Farms Small Grants is an open competitive grants opportunity offering up to $50 million over six years to fund short-term (up to two years) projects to support farming communities to increase awareness, knowledge, skills and capacity of adoption of best management practices.
The Australian Government invites applications for grants, the value of which range from a minimum of $5 000 to a maximum of $100 000 (GST exclusive). Projects will be considered under two tiers:
- Tier 1 for those between $5 000 and $50 000
- Tier 2 for those between $50 001 and $100 000.
To be eligible, activities will contribute to one or more of the following:
- soil health
- conserving or restoring Australia’s native biodiversity
- climate change adaptation
- greenhouse gas emissions management and resource use efficiency
- sustainable agriculture and natural resource management that supports any of the above.
The Australian Government is keen to support suitable projects across a wide spectrum of individuals and groups, including:
- Farming systems groups
- Landcare and community groups
- Indigenous organisations such as Aboriginal Land Councils and land trusts
- Individuals and corporate farming entities including farmers, pastoralists, farm foresters, aquaculture operators and fishers who can demonstrate the public benefits of the project.
- Non-government organisations and their state/territory branches; peak industry groups; and/or umbrella bodies.
Other details and links
Please check out the various document on the website to find out more. Projects must be completed by 30 April 2020.
The grants close on 7 December 2017.
More information is available here.
Need help to complete an application? Contact Indigo Gold now to discuss this further.