Grant opportunity: Google’s Impact Challenge Australia 2018
If you’re an Australian organisation using technology to create change in the community, Google encourages you to submit an application to receive $1M.
The Google.org Impact Challenge searches for and supports the next generation of Australians whose innovative ideas for change are making an impact locally and globally. This year, the Google.org Impact Challenge will award $5.5M to non-profit innovators and social entrepreneurs using technology to tackle our biggest social challenges.
- 4 winners receive $1M each in grant funding and support from Google
- 6 runners-up will receive $250K each in grant funding and support from Google
The process is:
- Nonprofits and social enterprises are invited to submit their proposals
- The judges help select three winners
- The public votes for its favourite idea
- The organisation that receives the most votes is revealed as a fourth winner
- Winners receive $1M each in grant funding and support from Google
- Six runners-up will receive $250K each in grant funding and support from Google
Some of the previous winners have been:
- Professor Fred Hollows – Fred Hollows Foundation
- Dr Matthew Dunbabin, QUT – Great Barrier Reef Foundation
- Chris Raine – Hello Sunday Morning (app to change relationships with alcohol)
- Dr William Yan – Centre for Eye Research
Closing date – 6 July 2018
More information can be found on the website.