Grant open: Supporting Younger Veterans grants program
The Supporting Younger Veterans (SYV) grants program supports the needs of younger veterans as they leave the Australian Defence Force and integrate back into civilian life, with all the challenges that accompany that unique transition.
This is a special round, with $250,000 being available. There is no maximum or minimum amount that can be sought for this grants program; however, all applications will be assessed on their merit and subject to a cost benefit analysis.
Applications close 26 May 2017, with successful applicants announced in June 2017.
The SYV grants program provides $4.25 million over five years to Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to encourage partnerships that will deliver innovative and sustainable services for younger veterans and build community capacity to meet the needs of younger veterans. The grants will also help raise awareness of the important issues faced by younger veterans.
Types of projects
Funding can be used to deliver projects and activities that:
- develop capability within the veteran community that services the unique needs of younger veterans;
- support the development of well researched and tailored services for younger veterans;
- fund organisations that can sustainably deliver services to younger veterans now and into the future;
- increase collaboration amongst organisations to expand services and harness existing expertise; and/or
- increase awareness of younger veteran issues and or services within the Australian and veteran communities, where doing so would benefit younger veterans.
More information can be found here.