Grant open: Building Digital Skills
The Australian Government’s Building Digital Skills grant is open. The program offers between $2,500 and $15,000 to help organisations deliver digital literacy programs. You can spend the funds on anything that supports older Australians complete 2 courses or 10 activities on the Be Connected Learning Portal.
Key details about the Building Digital Skills grant
How much is available? There are six different contract sizes – between $2,500 and $15,000. The contract size links to the number of people you support.
What can you apply for?
The aim is to build the confidence and digital skills of older Australians. This can include the following items.
- New devices such as computers, laptops, tablets and smart phones
- Software upgrades for devices
- Broadband fees
- Expenses and training for digital mentors
- Printed learning materials for older Australian learners
- Police checks for staff and mentors delivering the program
You can’t use funding for building materials and capital works.
Who can apply?
To apply for this funding, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered ‘Be Connected’ Network Partner. If you’re not already part of the Network, you can apply.
- Have 24 people registered on the Be Connected website (12 people if you’re in an outer regional, remote or very remote area).
When is the closing date? 30 August 2019
Need more information? Head to the Be Connected Website for more.
Do you need help with your application? Call us on 0409 069 425 or 4923 7110, or send us an email.